- Even Financial
- New York, NY, US
- star_border Medical/Dental/Vision through Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- star_border Competitive Base Salary
- star_border Stock Options
- star_border Open Vacation Policy
- star_border Subsidized Class Pass Membership
- star_border Snacks in the office, stocked beer and kombucha in the fridge
- star_border Paid Parental Leave
- star_border 401K Plan
- star_border Pre-tax transportation commuter benefits
Empower- Self-directed and take initiative
Empirical- Explore and iterate
Transparent- Helpful, straightforward and honest
Fearless- Be bold, take risks
We are looking for a strong senior data engineer who will play a key leadership role in expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams.
- Lead the creation and maintenance optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS technologies.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, and Business Intelligence to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Several years of experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable data stores.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience using the following software/tools:
- 5+ years Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- 5+ years Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools.
- 5+ years Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift.
- Experience with stream-processing systems.
- Expertise with Scala considered a strong plus.
Full time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision packages + life and disability insurance
- 401K retirement plans
- Stock options
- Company paid holidays
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- A subsidized gym membership with ClassPass
About Even Financial:
Founded in 2015, Even Financial is a B2B2C fintech company that is transforming the way financial institutions find and connect with consumers. By seamlessly connecting financial institutions (including American Express, Goldman Sachs, and SoFi) and channel partners (such as TransUnion, The Smart Wallet, and The Penny Hoarder) via its industry-leading API, Even turns any consumer touchpoint into an ROI-driven, programmatic acquisition source with full compliance and security across loans, savings, credit cards, and more. Even is backed by leading VCs and financial services firms including American Express Ventures, Citi Ventures, F-Prime Capital (Fidelity), Goldman Sachs, LendingClub, and MassMutual Ventures.
Even strives to foster an environment whereby all employees, across all functions and levels, are positioned for maximum personal and professional growth. We as a team have an ownership mentality, and everyone is all in to help Even achieve our vision and reach our enormous potential.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.