- Dublin 1, IE
- star_border Unlimited vacation
- star_border Competitive salary and company equity
- star_border Free fruit, yogurt, cereal, snacks, and coffee
- star_border Flexible hours and work environment
- star_border An engineering culture team dedicated to developer growth & happiness
- star_border Management and technology workshops
- star_border $5,000 tuition reimbursement
- star_border Healthy @ HubSpot wellness programs
- star_border Resource Groups: PeopleofColor@HubSpot, LGBTQ Alliance, Women@HubSpot
- star_border Parental Benefits, Programming, & Perks (Bring Your Kids to Work Day)
HubSpot’s PieSync product increases the productivity of organizations worldwide by connecting major SaaS applications. As a Platform Engineer, you will be working on the PieSync platform, which powers a seamless, real-time 2-way sync solution.
The beating heart of PieSync is a fleet of workers that fetch modified data from our customer's cloud apps, matching and aligning it with data in other apps. This sync process is configured using a flexible, composable DSL which is interpreted by our core sync engine. Writing this in Haskell provides us with huge benefits. The combination of type safety and an extensive automated test suite allows us to release sooner and with more confidence.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Implement complex new features while improving the robustness and scalability of our platform.
- Build platform analysis and monitoring tools.
- Offer our customers more clever ways to sync data by extending our DSL and help us think about how these new platform powers can be controlled in the user interface.
- Extend the engine to allow the integrations team to connect a broader range of APIs to the platform, by inventing generic solutions to common API limitations.
- Join a team of experienced Haskell developers.
We are looking for people who:
- Are familiar with Haskell or another functional programming language.
- Would be interested in working with Protocol Buffers, gRPC, Kafka, Postgres, ScyllaDB, Clickhouse.
- Have a thirst for technical challenges involving lots of data and distributed systems.
- Dive into concepts they may be unfamiliar with.
- Are pragmatic and resourceful problem-solvers who thrive on delivering exceptional experiences, solving people’s actual problems.
- Take ownership, work collaboratively, and figure things out
- Analyze trade-offs with empathy, yet building creative solutions.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as the 'perfect' candidate. HubSpot is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.