- HERE North America LLC
- Chicago, IL, US
We are a team of highly motivated engineers and data scientists supporting a wide range of R&D activities to build a complete and accurate dataset of places of interest for the entire world. We are passionate about our software's quality and encourage a culture that supports curiosity, open discussions, ownership and accountability. We have an agile working environment that uses DevOps practices to build highly reliable solutions and leads the design/development of software solutions.
You will be writing software to enrich and clean records representing the hundreds of millions of places/points of interest on our world leading global maps. Some of the daily fun will include the following:
- Tackle interesting and challenging problems of large scale data management and enrichment
- Developing content management, measurement, visualization, and editing tools
- Performing data processing and analysis of data signals from various sources (vehicles, cell phones, web, data providers)
- Working in the AWS cloud computing environment
- A chance to meet with customers, both formally and informally
To be successful in this role, you'll have much of the following:
- 5-8 years of software design and development experience with distributed highly scalable systems
- Hands-on development experience in object oriented languages as well as functional programming skills with Java 8, Scala, or Python
- Experience building REST web service clients and servers.
- Experience in an Agile environment, concepts of DevOps, and CI/CD
- Experience with Machine Learning (or willingness to learn) a plus
What We Offer?
- An opportunity to work with outstanding engineers
- Challenging problems to solve
- Work that makes a difference in the world
- Freedom to decide how to perform your work
- Feedback so you will know how well you are doing
- Collaborative, Encouraging Colleagues
- We welcome the opportunity to offer reasonable accommodations as candidates require
Make HERE your destination, we are just getting started. Come join us!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets.